Pages

April 17, 2012

Super Easy Spaghetti Sauce

I don't really like store bought spaghetti sauces.  They are usually either too runny or too sweet or Andrew doesn't like them because there might be a hint on onion ;)  And, I hate having to buy a specialty thing when I can whip something up almost as quick with stuff in the cupboard.  Tonight, I threw this together over gluten-free pasta with turkey meatballs and got a hearty thumbs up from the men folk!

Super Easy Spaghetti Sauce

1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
splash of dry sherry, maybe a tablespoon or two
1 tsp. each of dried basil, dried oregano, and garlic powder
2 tsp. of Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. each of red pepper flakes and salt

Dump everything in a small saucepan.  Puree using an immersion blender and let simmer on low while you cook the pasta and the rest of your dinner.

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..