Pages

March 4, 2012

Double-Crusted Crisp

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before.  A double-crusted crisp...the crust is my favorite part!  This recipe is adapted from one in Rustic Fruit Desserts by Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson.  My version is gluten-free and uses fruit out of my freezer.  Hopefully I'm not violating any copyright stuff...I suppose Rose will tell me if I am!

Double-Crusted Crisp

Crust x2
1 1/3 c gluten-free flour blend of your choice
1 c oats
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter, melted

Fruit-filling
1/2 c white sugar
2 T cornstarch
pinch of salt
1 qt sized bag full of apricots you froze last summer, defrosted
1 qt sized bag full of plums you froze last summer, defrosted
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degree.s

Make the first crust by mixing the dry ingredients together.  Then, stir in the melted butter.  Press into a 9x13 pan.

Then, make the fruit filling by mixing the sugar, cornstarch and salt together.  Toss with the fruit and vanilla.  Spread evenly into the pan.

Then, make the top crust by again mixing the dry ingredients together and stirring in the melted butter.  Crumble the crust over the top of the fruit.  

Bake for 60-70 minutes...until the crisp is golden and the fruit bubbles through the crust.  Cool for 20 minutes before serving...but remember it tastes amazing warm!


No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..