Pages

March 19, 2013

Thank You from Ken

Ken called me the morning of New Year's Day and asked if I would go to the local Christian bookstore for him.  He was stuck in the hospital (had been since Christmas) and wanted a couple of books to read.  By the time I got to him that afternoon, he was not feeling well so I dropped them and ran.  He sent this thank you card back to the office a few days later with Ray.

I didn't get to know him as well as I would have liked. He ended up passing away later that month.  I don't want to forget him though.  I loved his infectious laugh and so enjoyed talking bees.  At his service, his daughter surprised me by telling me he left me his hives that were overwintering at the house.  I still haven't seen how many there are but it was such a gift and worth so much more than the $35 dollars I spent on the books.  Thank you Ken!




No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..