Pages

September 5, 2010

Easy Recipes: Lamb and Spaghetti Sauce over Quinoa

With a new baby in the house, we are trying to eat well.  However, we don't always have the time for things we used to.  Thus, "easy recipes."  I had purchased a cheaper package of lamb...not sure now what it was.  Perhaps a lamb chop.  Either way, it was a couple chunks of lamb without bones.  I threw that in the crock-pot frozen and covered it with about half a jar of spaghetti sauce.  Cooked on high for 3 hours and turned it down to low until dinner time.  Andrew cooked up a batch of quinoa, we shredded the meat in the sauce and served it over the quinoa with sauteed green beans on the side.  It was tasty, easy and relatively healthy.  This would work with any meat.  It would be good over pasta, rice or a baked potato as well.

Check out more great recipes at: Pennywise Platter Thursday at the Nourishing Gourmet and the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap!

3 comments:

Krista said...

That actually sounds really yummy. Hopefully my tomatoes produce enough this year to put up some jars of sauce.

I hope everything is going better for you. Enjoy your babymoon!

Fresh and Feisty said...

It was good...but we cheated and used Newman's Own that we got from Grocery Outlet :) I am feeling better...other than some days all I do is catch up on sleep!

Krista said...

Okay, the fact that you bought it from Grocery Outlet makes it ten times cooler.

Sleep all you want, I found that such a joy with my son. I loved to snuggle with him in bed and just smell that baby-ness w=the whole time.

Love Letters to My Sons..