We thought the Girls were going to do okay when we popped the box open in April. We didn't get back in there until the beginning of June.
We thought we were going to need to put another super on because we had seen the Girls swarm a couple of times. Turns out, they weren't swarming because they didn't have enough room. I don't know enough to know why they were swarming but I do know they didn't leave us with a queen. There were no larvae and we had a ton of drones instead.
Ken and I went and collected a swarm and dumped them in. Not sure yet how they are going to do but it can't be any worse than getting in there and not finding any larvae! So, with our new Girls, here's hoping!