Pages

September 16, 2012

Muffins Plops

I really like these.  They are easy, taste good, and are flexible.  What more could you want?  I'll tell you below how I make them.  Go back to the post on The Cheapskate Cook or the one she stole them from to see additional ideas.  

Muffin Plops
1 c oats
1 c yogurt (Greek, flavored, plain, whatever you have on hand)
1 egg
2 T brown sugar, rounded
1/2 melted coconut oil or butter (I usually use the coconut oil but you may not have it)
1 c + 2 T gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c sliced almonds
1/2 c dried cranberries

1. In medium bowl, stir oats and yogurt together.  Let set overnight (the best) or as long as you have.  I have made them without letting them set at all.  See, I told you they are flexible!

2. Mix in egg, brown sugar, and melted coconut oil.

3. Mix in dry ingredients and cinnamon.

4. Mix in the almonds and cranberries or what ever "mix-ins" you want to use.

5. Now here's the best part.  I have never actually made these as muffins although I'm told that works.  Rather, I spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and drop by spoonful at the size I feel like making that day.  Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes until golden.  Serve with jam or not.  Also, the smaller size makes great portable snacks for little hands!

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..