Pages

June 10, 2018

Smoky Pinto Bean Dip

I needed a small bites appetizer dish to take to a friends birthday party.  I was also trying to use what we had on hand.  So, I made roasted sweet potato rounds with a dollop of this dip, a small piece of pickled red onion, and a drizzle of our favorite garlic sauce...all with a jaunty cilantro leaf for decor on each round.  Folks said it was pretty tasty.  I would have liked it better if I had made the sweet potato rounds crispy but all in all it was a fun addition to the party...especially since my friend can't eat gluten or eggs and is a vegetarian.

Smoky Pinto Bean Dip (adapted from here)

1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 T liquid from pickled onions or white or apple cider vinegar
2 T grapeseed/olive oil
2 T water
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp ground coriandar
1 tsp smoked paprika (less if you don't want a pronounced smoky flavor)
few twists of fresh ground pepper and a few shakes of salt out of the shaker

Dump everything in your high speed blender (or food processor) and process for about 1 min until combined.  Enjoy in whatever way floats your boat!


1 comment:

uzi said...

It is simultaneously a good location that we very savored searching. Is not daily that offer the chance to see a product. Love Letters to my daughter

Love Letters to My Sons..