Pages

August 12, 2018

Cranberry orange almond scones

Was looking for something to use up some almond flour and that was easy.  I found this basic recipe and added my twist with the cranberries and orange extract. It does make it easier to me if you have a kitchen scale but use the measuring cups if you don't :)

Cranberry Orange Almond Scones
283 g (2 1/2 c) fine almond flour (I used the flour from Costco)
64 g (1/3 c) white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 c oil
2 eggs
1 tsp orange extract
1/2 c dried cranberries


Mix almond flour, white sugar, salt, and baking soda together.  In a measuring cup or bowl mix oil, eggs, and orange extract together.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; you don't have to worry about over-mixing!  Add dried cranberries and get them equally mixed throughout.

Put on a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.  Should make between 10 and 12 scones.  I plop them down as balls and then flatten quite a bit before baking.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.  Jill likes these because they think it tastes like buttery goodness in their mouth :)

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..