Pages

March 9, 2011

Cranberry Date Bars

Apparently, I have a thing for dates lately.  I used to think I hated them...maybe it was the type?  I'm not sure.  But, I've been trying out the ones from the bulk bin in Winco and so far, I would say I like them...a lot...definitely more than I should!

Cranberry Date Bars

18 or so dates (use a few more if they are tiny, few less if they are huge...I know, really helpful right?)
1 c dried cranberries
1/2 c raw cashews
1/2 c raw almonds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt

In food processor, roughly chop the dates and cranberries.  Take them out and put them in large bowl.  Add nuts, cinnamon and salt to food processor and chop until fine but stop before it turns into butter.  Combine the chopped dried fruit and nuts.  Mix well by hand...it will be sticky!  Press into a 8x8 pan or a bit smaller one if you have it.  I lined mine with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate for an hour, cut into squares, and try not to eat all at once.

Find more yummies at Pennywise Platter Thursday or Slightly Indulgent Tuesday

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Delicious! I like to roll them in balls too, and I use any type of nut I have floating around.

Can't wait to try cranberries, though, I usually use apricots or just date paste.

Love Letters to My Sons..