Pages

May 19, 2013

Mushroom Polenta Rounds

I think this was originally a Weight Watchers recipe.  I'm going through some handwritten recipes and thought I'd add it here before I lose it! 

Mushroom Polenta Rounds

1 log of store-bought polenta
8 tsp Parmesan
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/4 lb mushrooms
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp rosemary, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
3 T cream cheese
1/4 c. water
2 T fresh parsley, chopped

1. Preheat over to 450 degrees.  Slice polenta into about 18 rounds or so (it's been a while since I made it so I can't remember.)  Put on baking sheet, spray with nonstick spray or brush with some olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp Parmesan.  Bake until lightly browned; 15-18 minutes.

2. Heal olive oil, add mushrooms and cook about 7 minutes.  Stir in garlic, rosemary, salt and black pepper.  Cook for about 1 minute.

3. Add cream cheese and water.  Cook about 2-3 minutes until the cream cheese has melted and everything is combined.

4. Put 2 T on each polenta round.  Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp Parmesan and garnish with the parsley.

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..