Pages

June 1, 2013

Farm Hives Check-in

I have never seen that many bees in a hive.  Hive No. 4 is full of bees!!!!  But, they aren't filling the supper in as well as I would like.  Hive No. 3 is really weak but I went ahead and put a super on in just in case since I can't get out to the Farm as often as I would like.  

I went ahead and threw a second super on Hive No. 2.  The bees have built some crazy comb in some of the boxes.  Not sure what's up there and I didn't see the queen in any of them. 

I also noticed that bees were flying in and out of one of the old boxes that the previous folks had left.  Turns out a swarm of bees has taken up residence there too.  I think I'm going to see if Isaak wants it since 7 hives feels like my limit or I might combine it with one of my weaker hives.  Not sure yet.

Entrance to Hive No. 4....the hive on steroids!

Hives when I got there.

Hives when I left.



No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..