Pages

October 16, 2010

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread

You must try this...immediately!  I adapted Straight From the Farm's Pumpkin Bread to be gluten-free.  Then, we took her suggestion and made French toast out of it yesterday.  Andrew didn't think it would be that great but even he thought it was pretty good.  I thought it was fantastic...and I could usually care less about French toast.  I made a few changes to this recipe because I was lazy ;)  Worked out well.



Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread



8.75 oz gluten-free flour blend (approx. 1 3/4 c.)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 T cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp allspice
1/3 c olive oil
2/3 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 c pumpkin puree
1 T vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease one large or two small loaf pans.  Set aside.

Mix flour, baking powder, xanathan gum, baking soda, salt, and spices.

Mix together olive oil and sugar.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add a third of the dry ingredient mix, then a third of the pumpkin.  Continue to alternate these two until all is just combined in the batter. 

Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and bake for an hour or until golden brown and springy to the touch.




For more yummies...check out Slightly Indulgent Tuesday over at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free or Wheatless Wednesday at Naturally Knocked Up!

3 comments:

aurorafedora said...

mmmm this sounds yummy! i love anything pumpkin. i am new to GF baking..brand new...as in haven't baked ANYTHING yet! this will be the first thing i make!

Fresh and Feisty said...

Well I hope it works well for you. I was pretty generic on what flour to use...if you need help let me know!

Linda said...

I love French toast, but never thought of making it with a sweet bread. Great idea!

Love Letters to My Sons..