Pages

April 9, 2017

Puerto Rican Savory Beef

I have a Latino cookbook with a recipe for Savory Plantain and Beef Casserole.  I didn't want to make the full casserole and needed to make a few adjustments...like there are no raisins in this house since I don't like them so I used craisins.  Turned out very good.  Jill and I put it over roasted Brussels sprouts.

Puerto Rican Savory Beef

2  T oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 lb ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
2 T craisins
2 T capers
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T sherry
1 T oregono


Warm the oil over medium heat.  Saute the onion until soft; stir in garlic and cook a bit longer.  Add ground beef, salt, and pepper.  Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned.  Still in the rest of the ingredients, lower the heat, and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..