Pages

September 30, 2009

How I Got Here - Part II

A few years ago, I was reading one of those free "health" magazines you can get at health food stores. In the back it had 10 Affirmations for 2007 by Elson M. Haas, MD. By no means have I stuck to this but I refer back to them regularly and find that they help me refocus when I am out of sorts. I have copied what was there below. Click on the name above to be taken to Dr. Haas' website. I don't know much about him but it looks interesting.

Adapted from 10 Affirmations for 2007 (or any time!)
  1. I will eat the most wholesome foods as Nature provides them.
  2. I will eat the right amount for my body and eat only when I am hungry.
  3. I will chew my food thoroughly and take time to eat.
  4. I will avoid junky foods and artificial ingredients as much as possible.
  5. I will let go of any regular use of troublesome SNACCs: sugar, nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, and chemicals.
  6. I will stretch my body and mind to be my most flexible.
  7. I will exercise daily with enjoyable physical activities.
  8. I will drink plenty of good, clean water.
  9. I will allow myself enough sleep to rest my body nightly, recharging my batteries and supporting my immune strength to protect against illness.
  10. I will pay attention to my emotions and stresses and find ways to develop non-aggressive, non-hurtful ways to express my feelings and let go of stress.

1 comment:

Jane Heiza said...

Thank you very much for this. These are all very applicable to me. I guess I should really make big changes in the way our family eats. We are certified junk eaters and I know that we should take a great shift towards eating healthy. This is going to be such a challenge but I have no other way to go about it. Thanks Sunny!

Love Letters to My Sons..