Pages

October 5, 2011

AMAZING Dairy-free "Ranch" Dip/Dressing

This stuff is amazing!  No really, it is amazing.  I adapted it from this lady's recipe...most of my adaptations are because I don't have the stuff on hand or I'm too lazy.  Either way, it's amazing.  I know I said it before :)

Note: If you don't have a high powered blender like I do, you might actually want to soak the cashews.  I have a Vitamix and it just blends the heck out them!

AMAZING Dairy-Free "Ranch" Dip/Dressing
1 1/2 cups nuts (cashew or mac or combo) soak them for a creamier dressing (1-2 hrs is fine, then drain)
1 cup filtered water for blending
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (I use light olive oil so it's not strongly flavored)
3 dates (can totally be left out!)
1 teaspoon garlic pwd, heaping
1 teaspoon dill
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon basil, dried


Put everything in the blender and puree the heck out of it.  It will thicken up in the fridge.  So, let it do it's thing and see if you want it thinner or if you like it that thick.  I tend to thin a bit for dressing but use it as is to dip vegetables or put on buffalo chicken wings!


It makes a great taco salad dressing if you thin a bit and add some chipotle Tabasco!

Find more to try at Pennywise Platter Thursday!

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..