Pages

August 11, 2012

Broccoli Parmesan Fritters

This recipe came in our CSA box a few weeks ago and I finally got around to trying it.  Andrew said they were better than he thought they would be.  I loved them and they were easy to make...and easy to convert to gluten free.  I think they would work fine with frozen broccoli in the winter as well!

Broccoli Parmesan Fritters 
4 c finely chopped broccoli
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c flour ( I just used my favorite gluten-free blend)
1/3 c finely grated Paremesan (I packed it in)
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp salt
few grinds fresh black pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes

Cook broccoli until it's soft (I did this in the microwave for time sake).  Let it cool a bit.  

Meanwhile, mix the egg, flour, cheese, and spices together. Add the broccoli and smash together a bit.  

Heat a pan with a bit of oil or butter and drop by about 2-3 T mounds.  I used a 1/4 measuring cup not completely full and then used the bottom to flatten the fritters a bit.  Cook until brown, about 2-3 minutes, flip over and cook until brown on the other side.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..