Pages

August 15, 2012

Homemade Gluten-free Baking Mix...like Bisquick

But it's gluten-free and homemade!  I used this to make cheddar biscuits tonight even though it was hot...really hot!  Not sure why but I got a craving for these...and I don't even eat at Red Lobster.  I've probably only ate there maybe three or four times in my whole life. 

I'm still not comfortable sharing the flour mix that I use because I got it from the cookbook Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking by Kelli and Peter Bronski.  You really should just go buy the book for the flour mix and all of the other recipes.  If you know me personally, I might be willing to share.  Anyway, their mix is what I use currently and I love it.  Between the mix recipe and the waffle recipe and a couple others that I've tried, I'm glad I went ahead and bought the book!

Homemade Gluten-free Baking Mix (appropriated from Kitchen Simplicity)

5 c gluten-free flour blend
1/4 c baking powder
2 T sugar
1 tsp salt
1 c butter

Whisk dry ingredients together.  Cut butter into flour mixture.  Store in airtight container - makes about 6 cups of mix or so.  

I'm storing mine in the fridge since it's so warm around here!

Use this mix in any recipe that calls for Bisquick.

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..