Pages

August 27, 2012

Disgustingly Easy Asian Beef over Rice

This recipe was borrowed from Yummy-Healthy-Easy.  Of course, I had to leave the green onion off because of Andrew and I cut the sugar back because of me.  But, damn it was easy, QUICK, and tasty.  Dylan liked it too!  Very inexpensive too.

Asian Beef over Rice

Cook a batch of rice (I brought 3 cups of water to a boil, added 1.5 cups white rice, turned to low for about 15 minutes; comes out sticky just like I like it)

1 lb hamburger
1 T sesame oil
3 cloves minced or pressed garlic
2 T brown sugar
1/4 c soy sauce (I used reduced-sodium, tamari - gluten free)
1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger (I used 1/4 tsp powdered 'cause that's what I had)
1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
 salt and pepper to taste
green onion if your family will eat it :)

Brown the hamburger in the sesame oil.  Add the garlic.  Cook for a minute or two.  Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the green onion.  Serve over the rice with green onion as garnish.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Love Letters to My Sons..